Sunday, December 11, 2011

Sunday Snog


I am a bit slow to start today, and I thought it might be fun to take part in Victoria Blisse's regular Sunday Snog event. It's extra special this week because there's a competition and a Kindle up for grabs for people who stop by her blog. You can find it here. Don't forget to stop by and read some snoggage, just the pick-me-up for this grey, gloomy winter Sunday.

My Sunday snog comes from my WIP. It's intended to be the first of a series. This bit takes place at Agra during the 1857 Sepoy Uprising in India. Jacob and Marcus and have taken refuge, along with hundreds of others in the Red Fort. Alone-time is hard to find and Marcus managed to find somewhere, a one-night-only opportunity.

*************************

I woke to silence. The rain had moved on leaving the air cooler. My arm was numb and I reluctantly eased it from beneath Marcus’ shoulders. He stirred in his sleep and reached for me.

“Jacob?”

“I’m here.” I threaded my fingers through his.

“Good. I thought I’d been dreaming.”

My body’s aches told me it certainly was no dream. “No, not a dream.”

“It seems a shame to waste time sleeping.” He nuzzled my throat, nipping at my earlobe. “Don’t you think?”

My cock rose in response to his touch. “You’re right.”

“Who knows when we may get a chance like this again. I want to remember this night for a long time.” The bedclothes rustled softly when Marcus rolled onto me.

I welcomed his weight and caressed him, committing his smooth skin and warm lips to memory. Every kiss was a languid reminder of why I loved him. Marcus moved with agonising slowness, travelling from my lips, to my throat and lower.

“I want you,” he whispered. “I refuse to let you sleep for the rest of the night.”

“There’s little chance of that.” I gasped when he traced the length of my cock with teasing fingers.

“Now the question remains, how do we pass the time?” Marcus cupped my balls in his warm palm and grinned.

“I’m sure we’ll think of something.”

“It would help if I could see you properly.” He rolled away and left the bed. He fumbled in the dark until he found matches and re-lit the lamp. The room was suddenly flushed with soft, flickering light.

I enjoyed the novelty of seeing Marcus naked and my arousal increased because I knew that, for that one night, he was entirely mine. He splashed water on his face and returned to me. “That’s better. I can see you now.” His lips brushed my brow, the tip of my nose, the corner of my mouth. “I never tire of looking at you.”

“Nor I you.”

“Now you’re just being kind. I’m a battered, tired soldier who’s spent too long in the back of beyond.” He traced a careful circle around my nipple and then repeated the action with his tongue. “You are water to a dying land. You’re rain where there should be none.”

I lifted his face to mine and kissed him. “I thought you were a soldier, not a poet.”

Marcus caught my bottom lip between his own and shifted onto me, pinning me to the bed with his weight. “You bring it out in me.” His erection pushed against mine. “You make me a better man.”

“Nonsense. You were a good man when we first met.” I tasted his skin, felt the shadow of his beard beneath my lips.

Marcus swept his hands to my hips and slid them beneath me. “All these compliments will go to my head. Be careful or I may take them to heart.”

“I want you to. I mean what I say. I never expected any of this, I never expected you. There are times when I want this siege to last forever so that I never have to leave. I don’t want to think about never seeing you again. As much as I want to go home, the price I’ll have to pay will be more than I can bear.”

“Then let’s not speak of it.” Marcus rolled over and pulled me on top of him. “Silence me with your body. Let’s use this night.”

I silenced him with a kiss. It was a good place to start.

1 comment: