Friday, December 30, 2011

The obligatory end-of-year drivel.



Let me start by saying how much I loathe New Year stuff. I have many reasons for this, reasons I won't bore you with. But, since 2011 has been an interesting year for me I feel obliged to mark the occasion with some early morning, post coffee ramblings. I'll cobble a list together. Because it's early in the day and my brain isn't firing on all cylinders, I'm bound to miss stuff - it's all really random.

The High points of the year

1. 'Stolen Summer' - Who knew I'd get my mucky little book published? Guys, it seriously was a 'one-off'. I never imagined in a million years that I'd get it published and that I'd end up writing even more m/m romance. I think I might be addicted to the genre. It's like crack. O_0

What's been mind-blowing is the love from readers. I'm not one for false humility so to see praise being lavished on the book really is the proverbial cherry on the sundae. I am so grateful for reader-love. I'd love to personally smooch each and every one of you or, at the very least, give you cookies.

I'm still pinching myself over the pretty medal on the right hand corner of this blog. Three nominations - fecking brilliant, and in very illustrious company. If you're an m/m romance fan and you're not a member of the Goodreads M/M Readers group, you need to be!

2. Beautiful cover art - Both covers are posted in here. I know you've seen them before but I love them both. So I've put them up again.

3. Friends - I have amazing friends, old and new. You all know who you are and I thank you for being here/there.

4. Family - here and there. I hate that my parents and sister live across the ocean but we've all just discovered the joys of Skype so I can no longer look like an utter slob when I'm parked in front of the computer.

Lordy, this is sounding like an Oscar acceptance speech. I'd better move on.

The Crappy bits

1. Losing my job. It was a sucky, stressful job but the money helped. But, I guess, on reflection, my sanity is more important than stomach ulcers or waking up at three in the morning worrying about something I should've done or should not have done. Still, if the employment Gods are out there, I'd like a job, thanks.

That's really the only bad thing. The rest I can deal with.

I know I've missed loads of stuff but I don't want this to be a self-indulgent ramble so I'll shut up now.

Oh, one more thing. If you're a regular visitor to my blog, don't be shy. Let me know who you are. I have Statcounter so I can see you! muwahahahahaha!

Before you slip away onto Facebook, Twitter or whatever sites you frequent. Answer me this: What were your high and low points this year?

Happy New Year everyone. May you know peace, prosperity and joy.

6 comments:

  1. Great list! You deserve your success mrs! Happy new year to you and yours. xx Becks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely list, and here's to a wonderful 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the post. Also love that really the good bits outweigh the bad, taken on balance. Yes, we all want jobs and incidentals like money and a roof over our heads. But recognition for our writing! Money can't buy that, Sue. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What Deborah said and *massive hugs* for the New Year doldrums. Oh and look at all those books you have coming out in 2012 and all the reader love you'll get for them -- super excited for you :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post. Best wishes on finding a less stressful job.

    To answer your question about high and low points of 2011: Getting my first three contract offers and losing a family member (not a close one, and it ended the pain).

    ReplyDelete