Saturday, November 26, 2011

Post-Thanksgiving Snark

Happy post Thanksgiving, everyone!

It's been another busy week. I finished one book and starting writing another. Then I decided last night that it wasn't working, so I've started it again. Ah, the joys of writing. :)

Today's offering is another from the trunked m/m romance which has since evolved into 'Mourning Jack'. There will be news on MJ once contracts are signed.

Don't forget to check out all of today's snark on Marie Sexton's blog. Go awn, you know you want to!

******************

“How about some music?” He turned the television off.

“Music would be much better. I don’t get much of a chance to just sit and listen to music. Plus, I have no idea what you like. I’m curious because I couldn’t find your CDs when I had a nose around last night.”

“That’s because I have most things on my I-pod.” He rose and opened a cabinet beneath the bookshelves. “You weren’t nosey enough.” He set the I-pod speakers on a shelf and switched it on. “It’s just a mix of things.”

A blast of funk shook the room. Iain swore and dived for the volume switch. “Ooops. Sorry about that.”

“Return of the Mack? Are you taking the piss?”

He sank down beside me. “I told you, it’s a mix. I happen to like this.”

“I bet you put on your parachute trousers and dance around the room when no one’s looking.”

“I might.”

“Christ. I think I may have to leave.”

Iain edged closer and wrapped his arm through mine. “You wouldn’t dare.”

“If the next song is Michael Jackson, I might.”


3 comments:

  1. Hahaha, I'm suddenly very glad that Ade has much better taste in music in MJ. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Giving up the parachute-trouser dance just because of Michael Jackson? Naaahhh . . . :-D

    ReplyDelete